This lead state team has completed all planned activities and is no longer active. See the closeout report
or closeout overview
for a summary of lead state team accomplishments. The information below, as created by the active lead state team, remains available for review by users seeking additional information.
What is a TowPlow?
The TowPlow is a steerable trailer-mounted plow that is pulled behind a tandem axle snowplow truck and is able to swing out to one side, which doubles the plow width of a tandem-axle snowplow truck. The TowPlow is equipped with a 26' moldboard and either a granular spreader or a tank for dispensing liquids for snow and ice control. The TowPlow has been used successfully in Missouri since 2005 and several others states have begun to evaluate the TowPlow.
- Increased efficiency and production (One pass clearing, improved cycle times, wider clearing path)
- Reduction in manpower and equipment
- Environmental benefits from using less fuel
- Safety improvements due to improved cycle times
- Longer service life than snow plow trucks.
Contacts – Lead States Team
- Additional Resources
- Missouri Training Materials
These documents may be modified to meet your agency's needs.